https://alphapursuits.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/09/TCDA-9.22.2022.png 867 1146 Tony https://alphapursuits.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/AP-logo-300x78.png Tony2022-09-22 12:29:132022-09-22 12:37:06Tricida, Inc. (TCDA) | Options Trade Idea
Tricida, Inc. (TCDA) | Options Trade Idea
Tricida, Inc. (TCDA) Overview
- Tricida, Inc. (TCDA) focuses on developing and commercializing veverimer (TRC101), a non-absorbed orally-administered polymer that has completed Phase III trial to treat metabolic acidosis in patients with chronic kidney disease by binding and removing acid from the gastrointestinal tract.
- The company has been working in response to the FDA’s Complete Response Letter (CRL) asking for more data.
- The good news (according to the company) is that it already has collected most of the data being asked from a prior trial to respond to the CRL so it is terminating the existing trial earlier.
- This will save capital and possibly commercialize the treatment earlier than expected.
- The Read-out for the trial is expected by the end of this year. (The readout is essentially when the results of a clinical trial are made public).
Tricida, Inc. (TCDA) Technical and Fundamental Analysis
- TCDA is trading at around $9.
- The IV % Rank is close to 100% right now (red box image below) in anticipation of the trial read-out.
- The IV itself is at around 3.8, which is extremely high.
- $5 support line.
- Significant recent insider buying and selling.
- The company is low on cash.
Options Trade Idea
Open a reverse diagonal spread by buying a $2.5 strike, 21 Oct 22 expiration, and selling a $5 strike, 18 Nov 22 expiration Put (first image below).
Netting about $1.8 credit.
In theory, it’s equivalent to risking $70 to make $180 per contract if all goes well (second image below).
If the read-out does not happen by Oct expiration, take the theta profit and open a new position with Nov 22 and Dec 22 expiration Put.
Latest posts by Tony (see all)
- Thanks, FOMC Meeting. Here We Go Again –VIX & SPX Review 11/5/2022 - November 5, 2022
- The Market Bottom, For Now – VIX & SPX Review 10/23/2022 - October 23, 2022
- Wow, CPI Data Wild Ride! – VIX & SPX Review 10/16/2022 - October 16, 2022
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!